Sunday, October 22, 2006

one of the best in the world...


Aren't we lovely? Aren't we beautiful? This is Machele & I.. she is one of my dearest friends - one of the best in the
world. I've had alot of questions lately - done alot of soul
searching about what it is to really have a true friend. So many times we are concerned about quantity rather than quality! The older I get and as things change in my life, I come to realize I count myself blessed to find someone who is true, trustworthy, loyal, dependable, forgiving, available and genuine.... so many times friends are for a reason, maybe just a season and not a lifetime! God tells us in his word that to be a friend we must show ourselves friendly. This is my prayer that as I allow Christ to be a friend to me he will show me what kind of friend I should be for I long to be like him, I long to please him. Proverbs 17:17 says "A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother". God longs to be our best friend! I am thankful that when a reason has been fullfilled, a season has changed and someone is no longer in your lifetime even that too is still in his plan. No matter what changed, the sense of loss, he has a purpose and plan.
Thank you heavenly father for being my friend and for showing me how to love someone else as you'd have me to. Thank you for teaching me to be true, trustworthy, loyal, dependable, forgiving, available and genuine! There is no greater love, no greater friend than the friend of Jesus!
Chele - I love you! Your the best!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you mean she is the lucky one??... I am so sure she feels that way.... sweet posting!

Christy said...

Girl you are TOO kind! I appreciate your friendship so much and always your encouragement... thanks for being my blogging buddy! Your precious!