Wednesday, March 08, 2006

~My friend, Michelle

Michelle & her husband, Eric

Hey everyone! I just wanted to share my friend, Michelle with you... Michelle just started blogging and she created her first blog entry tonight! This is something out of her comfort zone so please, if you have a chance stop by and say Hello to her. I know she will be glad that you did...
You can visit her at: http://michelles-mayhem.blogspot.com/

Michelle and I have been friends ... well... since the fifth grade! We both grew up in the same town and went to school together from our middle school years on! She and I share a special friendship that is like no other! We are a lot alike , yet a lot different! One thing is true - we have been thru a lot together! In the span of our friendship we have had our ups and downs. At times it was a bad thing, but today we will both tell you it is actually a blessing! I won't go into detail about all of that, but I would like to share with you that we both grew in the Lord and have become Godly women today. I thank God that he allowed us to reunite and now we are better friends than we could have ever imagined!

I said all of that to say this... While I was thinking of posting this, I had just read a comment that was left on another blog... one about the past.. if you could be who you were or change things was some sort of what it was speaking of... it really got me to thinking... You see, I believe we all have times in our lives that we have to grow. Some times growing pains hurt... you may not always like decisions you made, regret things you said or did, wish you could have another chance, but you see... its all part of our journey! It makes us who we are. God allows us to broken (and even allows broken friendships)... he continues to mold us into what HE wants us to be! We each have a story to tell and because of what we have lived and where we have come from we can each reach someone!

Thank you Lord for molding me, for never giving up on who I am today and who one day I will be! Thank you for my family and for my friends... thank you for Michelle... I love her and I pray you will bless her as she seeks your will in her life. Most importantly I pray that you will give her wisdom as she raises her daughter! I thank you that you saw fit to bless us once again with the blessing of a friendship that will last forever! I know God that in you I can always find the inspiration to be the friend you have called me to be! Friendship is a calling Lord and I believe that! Help me to love those who feel unloved, encourage those who are discouraged and most of all .. always point them to you!

3 comments:

Gwen said...

What a beautiful post and a beautiful testimony to your friendship!

Christy said...

Thanks Gwen.. I am sure you have wonderful friends as well and I know your a wonderful lady!

Faith, that is awesome.. my husband is a full time evangelist and we are aquainted with the gideons... my uncle is one actually... they do awesome things. When someone we love passes we always place gideon bible in memory of them because plants and flowers just die... this is a wonderful way to reach those who many never be reached any other way... Jeremy, my husband hopes someday soon to start some crusades and tent revivals where those on the streets can be minstered to.. so many hurting people out there who we need to reach. God bless you and your husband. Praise God!

Michelle said...

Chris,
Thanks so much for everything you said. God has lead our friendship down the most awesome path. And I thank Him for that!! You are such a blessing to me & my family. I'm sooooo very thankful for you!!
Loveyou!!!