Sunday, November 12, 2006

In the midst of it all....

I am hanging in! I tell you ladies, I have had a rough few weeks but God never ceases to give mercy & grace! He will always give us what we need & exaclty when we need it to make it through the things we face in life.

Since my last post in October it has been a bumpy ride... my dad, brother and uncle went on a huge elk trip to Colorado and had a great time. While there they got both Elk and Cow and brought home what they call 'trophies'. They were both so proud. My dear husband didn't get to go this year with the upcoming birth of Piercen. We weren't sure at the time the trip was booked how I'd do and thank God it has been an amazing pregnancy. Jeremy is really looking foward to next year - they are already planning ahead! If you know anything about those kinds of hunts you know they are scheduled a year in advance!

When dad arrived home in the weeeee hours of the morning he was experiencing alot of pain in his left arm. He was visiting with friends and they just happend to check this bp. Unusual for him - high! His blood pressure is never high! My youngest brother Aaron and my mom took him to the doctor and they checked him out. The dr assured us that it was not his hear - it was a muscle and possible nerve damage. We just assumed the same because he has been on this trip, carried out his cow which weighed several hundred pounds and dad tends to have arthritis anyway. Funny thing --- his arm continued to hurt and the pain began to get really bad over the weekend. On Sunday morning the 29th my brother rushed him to the ER. He arrived while having a heart attack. Thank God the doctor was fast and they got him right in. They were able to adminster medication and get him to tests just in time. I believe with all my heart --- God is always right on time. They were able to take care of the blockage to his main artery with a stint. He was literally in surgery and out in 1 hr! He was monitored in ICU overnight and was released on Monday.

While home recovering he has been very sore and is learning he has to eat alot differently. He still has another blockage on the back side of his heart and it is 80% blocked. We go to the doctor on Tuesday of this week to find out what will happen from here. I have been praying the entire time that the medication would take care of it as alot of times it will because it isn't as serious. If the Lord chooses not to do so with medication he will be looking at another surgery. I pray that isn't the road we take but I know it is in the hands of God. Please pray for my dad - he is a pastor of our local church and he it it taking a toll on him spirtitually ... he so wants to preach. Not only that but anyone who knows him knows my dad has a heart of gold..... those people aren't just his church members -- they are family! We will know more after Tuesday how long he will not be able to preach. All I know is when it is his time to go back he will have both barrells loaded !! My mom has been the trooper I tell you --- she too has her sunday school class and does children's church so missing out is hard on her. She is taking such good care of him and making sure he is doing everything he should. She deserves a metal of honor I tell you! Jeremy has been extremely busy filling in for my dad. This is his slowest traveling time of the year especially with the holidays (Nov-Feb) and with Piercen coming! Pray for him - he isn't a pastor that is for sure but he is doing a great job and it takes a huge burden off of my dad knowing he can depend on him and not have to worry that anythign is slacking while he is unable to be there.

Being 30 weeks pregnant I have had some adventure! Stress isn't anything I like. I was just asking Amanda if I had told her lately how much I hate the devil..... I am so thankful God is always one step ahead of him. I would have to say that my pregnancy from the begining has been such a miracle. I have physically been healthier than I have ever been and being diabetic God has been so good to me. I've had several things since April to strengthen my faith and my walk with the Lord and although I haven't enjoyed the circumstances the lessons has been great blessings. If anything I needed to learn to trust HIM more and realize there may not always been something I can 'see' but I must trust. When they told us Piercen may have spinabifida as a mom I thought the worse but God whispered "Trust ME"... when I got the news dad was having a heart attack I burst into tears and my first reaction "PANIC".... I knew and believed the words "Trust ME"! I may not always know and I may not always see but he does and he does want me to trust him. My circumstances may some times overwhelm me but he knows exactly where I am and what I need. I know and beleive with all my heart he has been preparing me for the last 30 weeks for something........ motherhood. I'd never be able be the mother he would have me to be until I've learned to trust in him completely.... Jesus, I trust you. Regardless of the situation, the outcome, whether it is a good day or a bad day, a smile or a tear, a joy or a sorrow -- I trust you! Thank you for speaking to me!

Baby update -- I have gained one pound. Yes, one! You girls know how important this has been to me... I had lost 33 and gained 6 of it back in one month so I quit the eat out or atleast not every day for lunch. I have lost 5 of that so I am back on target! I am 30 weeks and starting to feel tired. Our little guy is kicking hard - he kicked a book off my tummy the other night! I felt him roll all the way over (I called it the toosie roll) on Tuesday night of this week! I don't know if its a first time mom thing but I write everything down so I can put it in my pregnancy journal. I have had 3 showers the last two weeks and we have gotten so many nice things! I hope to post pictures of them soon! The nursery is well on its way to being finished. I pick up his letters for above his bed this week and hope to get those put up. If we can find curtains we will be good to go other than waiting on more piece of furniture to come in! Once it is all finished I will post pictures! It is adorable I must say!

I wanted to add this picture of Michelle & I. This is her version of 'us' from one of my showers... she cropped it in for me and I love it! We are all smiles! Her birthday was Saturday and I wanted to say "Happy Birthday" to my dear friend. She has been so good to me! She has called me almost daily, made sure everyone knew what was going on with my dad, was a huge part in my shower for all my girlfriends and it turned out great! Yes, in October we had an LUAU! Pics to post of that as well! Michelle, I love you my friend - you bless my heart! OK OK so blogger isn't letting me post my picture! I will try it again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am hoping you have a better week. Keep me posted how you feel the next 10 weeks! :0

Anonymous said...

It was good to finally hear from you and I know your plate has been very full... but I must say when you said God whispered "TRUST ME" it gave me chills...but I know what you mean.
I know I have mentioned my grandparents and I remember when the thought of my grandma, sister and I were faced with a thought of being alone. I was in the sixth grade and I remember that day my grandpa was going to have surgery... I did not want to be at school...and ironically I got my achievement award that very same day but I just could not wait to get to the hospital... and I remember seeing my grandpa for the first time... it was scary to me because I did not want to lose him... and eventually he of course got better but its very scary when your faced with something like that and I know its harder for you especially since your pregnant. Hang in there I am sure your week will only get better... take care christy!