Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Photo Shoot....



I hope everyone is enjoying the most wonderful time of the year! I hear that saying so much during the holidays! Thing is, I think that we should celebrate the birth of our savior every day of the year! I wish that the spirit of Christmas, the warmth of the holidays and the love of this season was actually demonstrated 365 days a year! I have to admit, I think even I find myself happier during the holiday season!




I am so excited about this Christmas that I feel like a little child all over again.. I've always loved giving but this year is so different.... I can not wait to see Piercen's little face on Christmas morning. One might say, he isn't even ONE just yet (December 28th is just around the corner!) but even at ONE he understands alot of things.... I am so proud of him. Friday night right after the Thanksgiving we decided to take him for the very first time to see Christmas lights. There is a place about 15 minutes from us that displays lights along with music and the story of the birth of Jesus on a radio station that you tune in to as you circle the area. It is amazingly beautiful! Last year Jeremy and I tried to see this atleast three times and each time the traffic and lines were so long that we didn't even attempt to wait. I am glad now that we were unable to see it because this year it was even prettier than what I expected and we were able to take Piercen with us.
Jeremy has been singing Happy Birthday to Piercen for a little while now so maybe he'd understand a little more that he will be turning ONE very soon! We love his little expression when we explain to him why we are singing! He KNOWS it is all about him if he doesn't understand anything else! I've also been talking to him about Jesus and how it is HIS birthday! I've been singing Happy Birthday Jesus to him and sharing with him WHY we celebrate! During the trip to see the lights display on that Friday evening we came to the manager scene and we stopped the car telling him about the animals, Mary, Jospeh and baby Jesus! As the music played and the story began my son says JESUS! I am telling you --- my heart was over joyed!
He has been walking around saying it every since and gets so excited when we praise him! If only we as Christians were this excited every day of the year!



I wanted to share a few pictures of Piercen that my best friend took for us.. she does such a great job. If you know me, you know I like unique and being creative. I am so proud of these pictures, they were perfect for our Christmas card of our son! I pray that you too are enjoying your holiday season and the memories you are making with your families..

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures... I am running out of time to take Christmas pictures of my kids but I really need to!

Gwen said...

Awesome pictures!

Christy said...

thanks ladies! Veronica, get those pics snapped or you will regret it.. I hope your both doing wonderful!

Paula said...

What wonderful pictures!! I love them. Especially the mirror one. So cool.
Merry CHRISTmas to you.

Unknown said...

Can you believe he is almost one??? I know it's hard for you because it's hard for me. He is so cute and he looks just like daddy!

Kelly said...

Absolutely adorable! What a fun Christmas you will have this year, seeing everything through Piercen's eyes:-)

Anonymous said...

super cute photos!

Unknown said...

can you email me? mamasings2three@gmail.com

I have to tell you about how God laid you on my heart about Piercen turning one. When I saw your comment, I was shocked! :)