Saturday, January 08, 2011

A year in review for 2010 ...

I had said it time and time again that I was going to be a better blogger in 2010 and I have yet to be. Infact, I had said I was going to start 2011 blogging and keeping my journal again here, keeping track of what God is doing in our daily lives, in the ministry and ALL the fabulous things about being a wife & mommy ... here it is, 2011 and the first week has come AND gone ... this is my first post. Better late than not at all right?

I've been trying to write this all day. I even put it down on paper from month to month so I'd not leave anything important out but Piercen has been sick. Thank you Heavenly Father that tonight he ate some toast and is drinking gatorade. Just for my record, he began getting a cough and such over the weekend last week. He wasn't better so Monday we took him to the dr. He weighed 50 lbs fully clothed and she didn't find anything too concerning. She told us to give him Claritin daily and he had a small amount on one ear but thought it would be fine in a few days. His cough got better but then came the running nose, sneezing, watery eyes and then by Fri he really felt cruddy. Friday night at 12:35 am he began throwing up & diarhea. This went on off and on all night long and then began the right ear hurting! We took him to a walk in clinic and he has an ear infection. Here we go with his FIRST antibiotic. He was prescribed one before for a small glad that was infected in his jaw when he was younger but he had a reaction to it and we discontinued it with no problems in the glad after the first day. So.. we hope he tolerates this one well. So far.... so good. I hate my baby being sick. I went thru the house with the Lysol and rebuking the devil. I won!



I wanna wrap up this post with my year in review for 2010 just a few highlights and some pics...



January 2010: Piercen had just turned three and so we took down his 'baby' bed and converted it to his toddler bed. Needless to say he never wanted to sleep in it ... haha! We spent New Years Eve in KS where Jeremy did a weekend revival. What a great way to bring in the new year... in church .. worshiping!
the 27th of January we got a SNOW and boy was it FUN! FUN! FUN! Piercen loved it!!!




February 2010: Valentines day was wonderful... my love got me several tulips both to plant and to admire and we got Piercen a ride on 4 wheeler that he loved!!


MORE SNOW FOR VALENTINES DAY AND WE MADE SOMETHING WE LOVE:




A SNOWMAN!!!!
















March: WE put in new hardwood floors. Yes, We! Me, J and my dad. WHEW! Never again. BUT they are beautiful. Love them. We did it in the living room and down the hallway. When we finished our floors we took off for a few days and spent spring break in a condo at Fairfield Bay with Kristi, Michael, Gary, Angela and all the kids. We spent hours playing games and eating yummy food. Just what we all love!!! Jeremy also put in Piercen's new club house out in the back yard and he loved it. It is HUGE! When they say it takes x amount of hours. It was an understatement. It takes x amount of weeks, x amount of hours. LOLOL




April: We had a blessed Easter! Our boy looked so handsome. I love getting us all matching clothes every year! Mema turns another 80+YOUNG years old :) NEVER tell a ladies age right? She was as beautiful as ever! We celebrated with all of our family at the Red Barn and it was YUMMY! We took Piercen to "HERO" day at CFA and he thought it was so neat.. he got to look all around and sit in a fire truck and police car. Anyone who knows our boy knows that is AWESOME! He loves them both! Kristi & Michael also got engaged. YEAH!!!


The rest of the year recap I will post tomorrow ....... May, June, July & August .... Goodnight!

1 comment:

Robin said...

So glad you're blogging again! Hope Piercen feels better soon. Aunt Lorraine looks so beautiful!!!