Monday, January 08, 2007

Side Show


Create Your Own

Some of you have been asking about the baby so I was going to share these pictures and our experience with you! I got the slide show idea from Amanda. Thanks girl!!!

As most of you know my doctor put me on best rest just a short time before Christmas due to my blood pressure. I spent the holidays in bed but it wasn't a bad deal ----I was waited on hand and foot. My husband is the greatest guy in the world! Thank you honey for always taking good care of me! Michelle came over and we exchanged our Christmas gifts and then Machele and Amy came and brought Jeremy& I such YUMMY food! My family came on Christmas eve and I opened all my gifts with them from the couch but the blessing was just being with them!

On the 27th I went to my regularly scheduled weekly appointments and my bp was still elevated. My dr was on call the next day and was going to be gone several days. We did an ultrasound and made sure Piercen was okay and decided to schedule the C Section for the next day! We called all of our family and friends as we headed up the elevator to check in..... Piercen was born December 28th at 11:08 am and weighed 7lbs and 11 oz and was 19 3/4 in long.

The C Section was a breeze! I met all of the OR team and we prayed before surgery. All the stories I was told weren't true or alteast not for me. It was wonderful and I have healed marvelously. Our baby boy has a head full of dark hair that his mommy prayed for, long eye lashes just like his daddy and LIPS that are beautiful and good for lots of smoochies from mommy and daddy! We had a host of family and friends to share our joy and I feel so blessed.
<>

Piercen had jondis so we had to stay a few (sigh) extra days in the hospital. He had a problem with feeding because of the jondis so he lost 4 oz one day. We sent out prayer chains and he made a huge turn around within 24 hrs. I made the nurses crack up -- who would have ever thought my baby boy would have a problem with feedings?!?!? He was just not feeling well but since being home he has more than made up for it! We have a check up on Wednesday to see how his weight is. We know everything is perfect!

We came home on Friday and are adjusting well. Daddy and I are learning to get 8 hrs of sleep one hour at a time!! Ha Ha!! Thank goodness he is home for several weeks and is such a huge help. He gets up for every feeding, every diaper change and doesn't miss a thing! We have had the best few days bonding as a family with our brand new baby boy. I never knew life could be so precious. Last night at 1 am we changed a diaper and used 4 diapers before we got it done! We had pee pee everywhere! I just sat and cracked up. We laughed for an hour! You would think with the both of us it would have been done alot faster! :0) Piercen got us both (good)!


Hey, by the way, I have a bone to pick with some of you!!! How come all you moms and all my friends never told me anything about those raging hormones!!! Hot/Cold, Happy/Sad, Tired/Energy and so forth! Thank the Lord they don't last! I feel like an old lady with these hot flashes! Hee Hee!! And they say this goes away! YEAH get it gone!

Well, I could go on and on... I haven't blogged and the last few times I have I just tried to post some pics real fast. I am learning to do things in shifts! :0) Speaking of - he is awake. Perfect timing. Have a great night everyone!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The slideshow isn't working for me.

Just out of curiosity why did they decide to do a c-section instead of induction? Was it your BP? My c-seciton was ok but I was sore for awhile after I had Little King.

I didn't tell you about hot/cold, and all that b/c I didn't have any of that. Sorry!

Anonymous said...

Slide show not working for me either.
My section was good too better esperience with that than vaginal recovery wise that is.
I love that everyone prayed before surgery...how awesome!
I did not have the hot/cold afterwards either but I did have some baby blues aftewards though.
Its so funny you mention trying to change a diaper without getting hosed...lol! Devyn did that allllllll the time... YOU SO HAVE TO BE FAST!

Christy said...

girls I am trying to fix it... blogger is also messing up for me as always!

Anonymous said...

i see it now, how precious! love it.

Unknown said...

I am going to email you but I wante to tell you he is beautiful!!! I am so happy for you.

You need to call me.

Anonymous said...

I was able to see them... thanks for fixing it.