Sunday, September 11, 2011

The 1st week of the 1st time in PreK

And it went .... gReaT ... FabUloUs ... InCrEdIbLe ...memorable ... fANtAStIC ..wonDERful ...










.......BLESSED........


Piercen loved it. And well, so did daddy & I. We began on Tuesday after Memorial Day. Well, no actually, it began a week before. Preparing for a new routine for bed, a new bed time, a new schedule all together. For all THREE of us! And it worked perfectly! The night before our FIRST morning we prepared. We laid Piercen's clothes out, we packed his backpack of the last few items we needed to take with him, we filled his lunch box aka snack box of his morning snack for the first day (Capri sun, a bottle of water, blueberry muffins and crackers n cheese just in case that was his choice and not the muffins. Included was also a note from momma for him to 'read' the first day when he had a morning break!) AND momma even made Mrs. Tracy a flower arrangement full of the very things that she will be teaching him ... ABC's & 1-2-3's.... Fun, Fun, Fun! It made me pray just one more time to be positive I was 100% sure that I wouldn't be keeping him home. HAHA! I might add, after our first day, we knew even beyond the peace in our hearts but by the smile on his face that we indeed made the right decision!








We were prepared and so we got him in bed, teeth brushed, blanket, barkley (pupply dog that he and daddy actually bought for me for Valentines Day in Feb after he was born in December! He loved it as he had gotten older so he 'adopted' it from me... it became his and not mine LOL) we said our prayers and daddy told him a story ... he fell right to sleep. Come 7:30 we did not even wake him up. We got up, we began getting ready and here he came.... at...... wait for it... 7:15!!!!! Yep, in a great mood and all. We all got around, he had his clothes laid out so he dressed himself. He ate a bananna and drank his juice while watching some cartoons and we finished getting ready. I fixed his hair a bit later after making our beds (HALLELUJAH!!! I love having made beds) and then off we went. We got to his preschool and as we pulled in I was asking where Mrs Tracy's flowers were ... Jeremy had them and set them down to lock the door. So, he was going to run home. We just like 3 min from the school. My point to this is so funny actually. Piercen proceeds to tell us to go get her flowers and just drop him off at the door. HAHA! I'm like "Oh no. I am atleast walking you in!" HONESTLY, I knew God had given us peace, I knew we had made the right decision and everything was planned and we prepared for weeks. It was a HUGE adjustment for us. We have changed many things about our life styles . I really thought it was going so well that maybe he would give a little once we finally got ready to leave him for the first time. I thought to myself this would be when I would loose it b/c he would get upset . Oh no, when we pulled in I knew different. I walked him in, we put his things up in his cubby and he walked right over to the other kids. Jeremy came in a few minutes later with our creation of flowers and Piercen gave them to Mrs. Tracy. I snapped a quick picture and kissed my baby goodbye for the next 2.5 hrs. To some, it may not be a big thing, to most, your probably jumping for joy but for this momma, I prayed EIGHT years for this child of mine and to me, one minute without him is WAY too much!!! I promise you, these changes, this new journey, is just as big of a milestone in MY life as it is in HIS!











He was so excited when we picked him up. I got the biggest laugh. We asked him what he learned and he said "to play". He that is perfectly fine with me the first day, the first week. So be it. He learned to play. Play with little boys, little girls, his age, who speak his language. Who are just as excited, rowdy and excited. So be it son!!!! I love it. We took him to lunch to eat Mexican and had a good afternoon.




Our week was a blessing. Jeremy & I enjoyed a breakfast or two together, talking, visiting, no interruptions. Ahhh. What a nice morning. I really enjoyed it. I felt every single day refreshed. I got some laundry done, some organization in his room done. Beds made EVERY morning. I felt so accomplished and I PROMISE you. Just that 2.5 hr a day for three days (one short b/c of the holiday) it made me a better momma all afternoon/evening long!











This week was short a day... it began Tues and went thru Thur.. only b/c of the holiday so this week we begin Monday and go thru Thur. Friday morning he had NO idea why he wasn't going to school. I explained to him the days of the week and he is ready for week two! As of now, I wonder what the future will hold for his schooling. I have no idea but I do know right now regardless of remarks people may make or questions they may ask, he is right where he needs to be. And we have peace. We don't answer to man. We answer to the Lord and he has directed our path for this year. Amen.

No comments: