Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My heart is broken.. literally.

I can't believe we made this decision! We gave Griffin away on Saturday. I am sick. Just sick. The guys are doing better with it than I am and everyone keeps saying it will get better with time but I do not believe them. Anyone who knows me knows I am not an animal person. We actually prayed about getting him for Piercen for a very long time. It was perfect.. our idea of it all, planning it all out, the birthday celebration, the treasure hunt and now I am crushed. I feel like someone has died.

I know with puppies they bring some frustrations, I know he has had some accidents and I know we debated a few times getting rid of him because Piercen lost interest in playing. Almost like a new toy, you get it, your crazy about it and then a new one comes along. He would play with Griffin but seldom without saying "OK, Piercen you need to play with your puppy". I felt sorry for him. He would spent too much time in his crate. Then, he did have several accidents. I was SO mad a few times because once we had just taken him out and he came in to play with Piercen in his room and peed all over his new, adorable bed spread. BUT.. now that he is gone. I miss him. Kinda like the saying "You do not know what you have until it is gone". Yep.
Fits the situation to a T. I talked with my momma about it and she says with the heat and weather being HOT, then getting so COLD in the winter that type of dog didn't 'fit' our family. We would take Griffin everywhere with us.. well, until it became too hot. And maybe she is right. Maybe the type of dog we chose wasn't right but still ... I have no idea why if all of this is true why I feel so bummed. I now have to reap what I sowed. I agreed with Jeremy to get rid of him because he spent one day last week five hours in his crate, we came in and he was crying. I felt horrible.. the home he was going to have five children. I just knew it was best but now he is gone I am not feel that way at all. I love this little guy. I miss him. Jeremy has asked for him back,we tried to make an arrangement and the lady said we could and now for two days won't respond to our calls or texts.. I have a feeling we won't get him back ever again. Ya know, second chances. Wish I had one at this. URG. I have a huge feeling they are in love with him, that fast. I am.


I can say I love this puppy like I've never loved another animal before. He will always be part of my heart. I'm praying some how we can get him back. I can guarantee if we do I will never gripe about poop again!!!!







No comments: