Sunday, March 17, 2013

My dreams came true .....

I remember as a little girl the dreams I dreamed of my life some day. Some of those were going to college, becoming a nurse, getting married, having a family, traveling and the list goes on. As I grew up and my plans started to pan out there were times God had something in store for me along the journey that maybe didn't go just exactly as I had dreamed! I didn't finish college after three years of hard work and I said I'd never marry a preacher after growing up being a preachers kid! Never ever say never! I'm thankful today God did choose a different path for me yet he gave me the hopes & dreams I'd had! I remember praying for The Lord to allow me to be a wife & mother before his return! Crazy? Maybe to some! Really my dreams? YES and I'm not ashamed. I have such a wonderful, Godly husband who is not only the man God made for me, but the man of my dreams! Because of him I have the most incredible little boy! I prayed even before we were expecting that our child would love The Lord, be saved at an early age and serve Him all the days of his life.. In January he was saved and it was incredible to witness! Just when I thought the moments couldn't get any sweeter I watched my little boy wash his daddy's feet today in our Easter service as the example our Lord left to us and take communion. We didn't ask him to but he asked... I am not in any way bragging on my little boy but I'm bragging on The Lord and what he is doing in my life! I've asked so much of Him especially lately and He never fails to answer every single prayer... Every single time. Our plans aren't always His but His are perfect! I can't imagine my life any different today! Thankful tonight, my heart is full.
John 13:14&15


1 comment:

Hannah said...

You are an awesome mommy! I love you!!!