Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Nine weeks

It is hard to believe I am nine weeks pg today! The past four weeks have flown by so fast. Everyone keeps telling my to enjoy every moment because it will be gone before I know it. This is exactly how I feel since finding out. It seems like yesterday but indeed it has been a month! I had Jeremy take my first picture today - I hope it turns out well.

I've been pretty busy planning our VBS at the church and it is all coming together. Basically we have props to paint and decorating to do the week of and it is all coming together. I am excited about it - Jeremy has put alot of hard work into the theme and lessons for this year. I know God will bless!

Have a question for you all - Amanda, you may be able to help me out - I was told getting my nails done and getting my hair foild while being pg was fine. I made my appointment for the 30th to have my hair done and then today I was told by a friend that I needed to wait til after my first trimester was over to foil my hair. I don't use bleach on my hair, no blonde but she said its the chemicals ? If anyone knows anything about this please let me know. My nurse told me foiling my hair was fine. This girl just can't stand her nails and hair not being done. I however will wait if its not good for our baby. :)

Work is going well and my boss it the greatest. I have become really close to one of my co-workers and she has turned out to be one of the greatest friends I have ever had. Honestly, I know me going to work there was God and I believe one reason was her friendship. I have needed a friend like her in my life for a very long time. Just one more thing to praise God about! I praise him for many things but I have to admit, when I pray and I see something before your eyes come to pass ---- it increases my faith so much!

Again, thank you all for emailing and posting on my blog. I have learned alot from all you moms out there!

9 comments:

Christy said...

Thanks and thanks for visiting! :0)Hope you had a great vacation!

Anonymous said...

Hey, my coworker is also pregnant and she recently got her hair done too (permed like mine)but she called to find out officially if it was okay.
They told her if your hair is done in a well ventilated place its okay. they are concerned about fumes. So you should be okay... girlie!
Get prettied up all you can while you can... you wont have much time for that later on or at least it wont be on top of your list anymore. ....
so, what color highlights are you getting. i recently got carmel and then a week or two ago i permed my hair. .. i will have to post pictures when i am able to.
toodlelooboo!

Anonymous said...

Christy, my doctor said that you should wait at least through the first trimester....

Christy said...

Thanks girls! I think I will wait til after I go to the doc on July 3rd .. my appt was for June 30th but I will reschedule :)

Unknown said...

I forgot to tell you this when you emailed me but my Doctor, the chief of OB at Baylor Grapevine, said it used to be bad because the chemicals had amonia and a lot more other things. This is my third pregnancy,my MOm is a hairstylist and I have had my hair highlighted every six-eight weeks in every pregnancy. My babies are beautiful and healthy!

BUT, if you are worried. Don't.

You are gonna hear all kinds of things from all kinds of people. When in doubt, don't do it! But, if you want my opinion, go get your hair highlighted and get your nails done!

Glass Half Full said...

Thanks for visiting! Also, congrats on the pregnancy. Isn't it nice to have a support system of moms with REAL advice? :)

Blessings back and come visit anytime!!!

Christy said...

Thanks Lori!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Hi- first time reader here. How exciting about your pregnancy! That's wonderful! I was going to tell you I am very strict about being safe & natural while pregnant, and checked w/doctor and hair stylist about coloring. The color that my stylist uses is non-ammonia based and is considered "safe" and I have always kept up my color during my pregnancies... in case that eases your mind at all!

Christy said...

Thanks Stephanie.... I am going to call today and see if the kind my stylist uses is amonia free. If not I am going to wait til after my 1st trimester just to ease my mind!