Saturday, June 17, 2006

This & That

Hey everyone! Hope this post finds you all doing well. Jeremy and I are doing great - baby is wonderful! I will be nine weeks pregnant on Tuesday. It is hard to believe that as of tomorrow we have known for 4 weeks! Time is flying and I just can't believe it. I just praise the Lord for all the wonderful things - my sugar is better than it has ever been. I am so thankful. It is my prayer that I won't have to take one insulin shot while carrying our baby.

I haven't been sick really much all - til this week! I haven't gotten sick if you know what I mean but I have been super quEEeezzZZY ! At first it was just from time to time and drinking something would cause it to pass. Now its alot of the day and I have questioned if it was here to stay a while. My mom was the type of person who when pregnant she couldn't raise her head out of bed in the mornings without crackers. Oooohhhhh I hope that won't be me. However, I have already told the Lord I prayed for this, it is a desire deep in my heart and I will not complain --- regardless! Don't laugh but something else different this week....... I can cry at the drop of a hat! Watching a movie, a commercial, something someone says to me, you name it! Is that normal ??? I'm still tired but not as much.

Jeremy was in Ohio this week for revival. They had a great crowd and had 11 saved. 11 more precious souls the devil doesn't have! I miss him when he is gone without me but I tell you to me there is just nothing like someone accepting Jesus! My heart is overflowing tonight.

I've not been doing well the past week keeping up with the online bible study but I hope to catch up and be able to keep up better. We have VBS coming up in July and I have been coordinating all of it and so I have been extra busy on top of ministry and working. Thank you all so much for your emails and comments on my blog. I love talking to moms because with this being my first pregnancy I have lots of questions and you all have so much wisdom and insight. I know we are all different and what is true for some may not be the exact for others but just knowing someone has been where I am helps me to know things that don't seem 'normal' after 30 years really are 'normal' being pg ! :) Like my nurse said "Christy, if its opposite of what it was - regardless of what it is, its normal being pg". Believe it or not, for the most part, it has been the case with me. :)

Just one question for all of you - when you were pg did ya have a hard time not buying things ? ? ? ? ? ? I can't shop without getting something every single time. I did it today for the 1st time and I am in denial. Ha Ha!

I'm going to catch up on my reads and I hope you guys have a great weekend. Happy Fathers Day to all the daddies! My husband has been reading Psalms to our baby every night and its a special time. I think he is going to be make an incredible daddy!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Christy. I don't know what you can or can't eat while pregnant. I know that "ginger" helps queasines. Such as ginger snaps, OR if you go to a maternity store or like Babies R Us they offer suckers for moms to take away queazy. I think they have ginger in them.

Yes, emotions are very high during pregnancy. Expect that during the duration of your 40 weeks.

Buying stuff? I would say I had a problem with it except we had NO MONEY. So no, for me it wasn't a problem. The Lord blessed us and so many things were given to us. Just within the last few months have we had to start buying clothes and diapers for him. We were so blessed. Which is great considering neither of us are working! (long story)

Enjoy and if you ever have questions feel free to email me, I love to share my experiences!

Christy said...

Thanks so much Kristina. Does Ginger have high sugar in it ? I am staying away from breads, pastas, potatoes and such... other than that good , green veggies, lots of vitamins!

Unknown said...

Well I am eight weeks so I guess we are just one week apart. I have never gone past 38 weeks with my two so I am thinking I will probably have this booger by January 20th or so. We shall see! I am glad you are doing so good. I am always envious of first time moms. There is nothing like being pregnant for the first time. Enjoy every moment of your pregnancy. It will be over before you know it and you will have a little on to take care of. You are going to be a wonderful Mommy!!!

Christy said...

Thanks Amanda.. I am enjoying it... I have had one problem really - gassy tummy. Its painful at times but other than being sick from time to time its been wonderful. I am keeping a journal and we are taking pics of this and that. Yesterday I did get one of Jeremy even though next year is the Fathers Day that will be special :0) All of you ladies are sucha great moms and I just keep praying I am the mom that God would have me to be. I pray for wisdom and I even pray for help to get through anything between now and delivery :0) I am kinda scared of the 'unexpected'.... I thought we were farther apart than that... I am 9 weeks tomorrow. I go the 3rd of July for the sonogram! Yeah!

Unknown said...

My sonogram is on the 28th. But don't worry EVERY doc is different and mine always does one at eight weeks. Although when i do have mine I will be more like nine weeks. Cherish this time. There is NOTHING like being pregnant with the first. I love reading all of the stuff from first time Moms. Such bliss!

Christy said...

Mine was going to be any time 3 weeks after my first appt. My actual date to do it was on June 29th - my dads birthday. B/C of insurance reasons (It begins July 1st) I chose to wait b/c we had already paid $600 up front. If I don't go back to the dr til after July 1st we will not owe my dr anything. Infact, I only had to pay $500 to have this baby no matter how many drs appts or how long I am in the hospital. I've learned not to 'worry' it is all in Gods hands and I have learned not to compare it to others b/c so many docs are different. Even the docs here from one office to the other do things differently. Ultimately my care is in Gods hands and thank God it is! I have to admit, my weakness... having the baby. I am scared! The unexpected!

Anonymous said...

Christy,
Find a good hospital that offers great baby classes. That helped us. We found one with extensive classes on everything from eating heatlhy while pregnant, to childproofing your home, to buying the safest products, to caring for baby, to labor and delivery. helped us (especially my hubby) alot!

Sonya Terrell said...

Christy...so glad to hear you are doing fairly well! Oh...how I remember the days of being pregnant! I am one of those women that hated it (that's why my boys are eight years apart!). I was not only queazy, I threw up constantly for the first three months. It was a miserable time...but I have two wonderful boys that came out of it.

This too shall pass....that is something I read a couple of days ago and it has stuck with me. I am going through a minor depression(something I suffer with from time to time) but I know if I keep pushing forward it will pass. The same is true for you being pg..the queaziness and tiredness will pass. Look forward to the second trimester, it is the best time of being pg. It's when the ucky part of the first is over and before the backaches and inablilty to get comfortabale starts!

As far as your question about not being able to stop yourself from buying something because of being pg....ha, I have that problem not being pg!! I take it you are buying for the baby, so that's okay!

God Bless and I will pray for you and the baby today. Love ya!

Unknown said...

I am glad you have it worked out with the insurance. We call our babies, $20 babies because that's all we pay. The first copay and that's it! As much as UPS makes my husband's life difficult, the insurance is unbelievable! It's kind of hard to leave a company like that.

Christy said...

Thank you Sonya!