Monday, July 17, 2006

A great week...

I just wanted to drop a few lines and say hello to everyone. I have been such a horrible blogger the past several weeks. I love blogging and I love all the friends I have made - I just have been so busy.

Last week I worked all week and there was a lady out of the office. I had a little more on my plate than usual and then we have Vacation Bible School each evening. I am so pleased with VBS. We had such a great turn out and God really blessed us. The kids were wonderful, we had one saved and they all said they learned from the lessons and had a good time. Several from church put alot of hard work into everything that was done - if your reading my blog... THANK YOU! God never ceases to amaze me at his goodness. He met with us each night and he blessed our socks off even in crafts! Thank you Jesus for the precious kids we were able to minister to. I know seeds were planted and now you will water!

We are doing well. I went back to my OB Dr today and ... I have lost 3 more lbs. I am up to 17 1/2. I know , some of you are saying "what" ??? It is okay for me to loose because I am diabetic and I am eating very healthy. I do have a drs appointment on Wednesday with the endocrinologist and from there she and my ob dr will decide if I need to take insulin. My blood sugars have been running between 120-145 in the mornings and they need to be 70-100. This isn't 'horrible' but long term.... I do not wish to have a 10 lb baby! Bet you all would agree! Ha Ha! Just pray for me, I have taken medicine before and infact was on it before I became pg. I was hoping to be able to go all the way without insulin but being diabetic.. its rare! God has blessed us abundantly and I am so greatful. Thank you all for your emails.. I have gotten several and thank you from the bottom of my heart for thinking of me! Like I said, I have been so busy.. I have been a horrible blogger. I am sorry and I appreciate you so much!

I've had a chance to catch up on a few reads... you guys have had some awesome stories to tell lately. Gwen, Kristina and Amanda -- you have blessed my heart. When I read there is so much I want to say, so much that tries to come out! It is amazing that we all have a story to tell and how someone else can share and it minister in some way whether big or small.

I love you ladies - all of you out there are such a blessing to me!

10 comments:

V. said...

Hey...I had a 9 pound 11 ouncer exactly 6 years ago today....I won't tell you it was fun, but I lived through that day and have an amazing, healthy, smart (did I mention the smartest??) kid out there.

Keep doing what you're doing - it's obviously working!

V.

Anonymous said...

Hey I have to say Josiah was 9 lb 14 oz (only 2 pounds away from 10 pounds) and I am not even diabetic. However, my frame is small enough we had to have an emergency c-section after going through labor and pushing for one hour. (At least I got to see his head though, that's a blessing b/c all my kids will have to be c-section now). Anyway, it will work out!

Christy said...

Ladies, I am encouraged do not get me wrong. I am almost 14 weeks and am doing great. Baby is healthy... he just wants me to be as healthy as possible and rather than having a problem later he says lets just get on top of it now instead of playing the waiting game to see if I could continue to do it. I am so thankful for my dr, he is seeing my every 2 weeks, really cares and we are completely happy. I have done well and my weight loss only helps. He knows with my short frame I'd never be able to have a 9 lb baby... I am glad he is thinking long term and God is blessing... I hope I didn't sound down b/c I'm not just really wanted to do it all the way without it.. that is just pride.. gotta let it go! God is in control. Thank you both for your thoughts and concern.

momteacherfriend said...

First trimester is hard altogether. Much grace. Thanks for an update. I lost 15 pounds in my first trimester from sickness. and still ended up with big babies. DD was 10lbs 4oz and easier to birth than my 8.8

Hang in there. This tire stuff gets better.

Anonymous said...

so, when do we find out what we are having???

Becky said...

Hey girl! I'm sorry it's been so long since I've been by. It sounds as though the pregnancy is going well. I am happy to hear that your doctor is sending you to the endocrinologist. It's good to keep those things in check! Take care and I'll be back by soon!

Unknown said...

I am praying that you don't ahve to take insulin but if you do, that's okay too.

Christy said...

Thank you all for your encouragement.. I will do what is best for the little one. I find out in Aug what we are having... we have a girls name for sure and we may be settled on a boy... still kinda in the air... if you have any ideas send them our way! :)

Gwen said...

Christy,

First I want to say thank you for the sweet words! It really means a lot to me. It also encourages me to continue to tell these stories even though sometimes it is hard to make them public at times.

Secondly...I am glad you are doing so well. I am also happy that the doctor is really keeping tabs on you to keep you healthy and where you need to be. That is really encouraging. Keep us posted on how you are doing and I will keep you in my prayers for a healthy pregnancy as well as healthy mommy and baby!!!

Christy said...

Thank you Gwen, I think the world of you!