Saturday, July 01, 2006

It has been a loooong week..


Sorry I haven't been blogging and reading others as I always do. We had the funeral for my cousin Andrea and her unborn child on Thursday. The family seems to be doing as well as possible. Her daughter Brianna is 11 and and her son John Michael is 5 to remember them espeically when you pray! I can not imagine loosing my mother. The thought is overwhelming! I just keep reminding myself that God knows exactly what he is doing even when some times we might not understand.

My great grandmother went home to be with the Lord lastnight at 9:05 p.m. This is something that wasn't easy to take but I know where she is and how long she has waited to go! She was blessed with 99 precious years to live her life and did she ever leave a legacy behind. She will be missed greatly. I am not sure at this point when her funeral will be because it is the weekend and a holiday weekend at that. We have family to fly in and flights are 12 hrs behind schedule because of the holiday on Tuesday.

We have a doctors appointment on Monday to hear this little ones heart beat. Jeremy & I are so excited! I will update once everything slows down a bit for us. I appreciate all the prayers and the emails and posts of encouragement. I know I have said it before but I will say it again - prayer changes everything! It makes it a little easier in situations like these this week when you have people praying. Thank you!

Happy 4th of July and God bless you and your family!

9 comments:

Gwen said...

I'm glad to hear you are doing okay even with all things considered.

I will keep the children in my prayers. This must be a very difficult time for them. I'm sorry for the loss of your great-grandmother as well.

Take care of yourself and let us know how your appt. goes! I'm looking forward to hearing the wonderful news about your little one's heartbeat!

V. said...

my prayers are with you - keep your eyes on Jesus!

Kellie said...

I met you through Amanda's Bible study. I am so glad things are going well for you and the baby.

I saw a post on my friend Sarah's momteacherfriend blog and wondered if you could contact me about it. Re the KJV. My e-mail is kellie7@rocketmail.com

Thanks.

Christy said...

Thank you so much Gwen. I have been praying for you, your family and your brother. Keep us posted on that! I will let you know how the baby is - we go today at 1:45 and we are so excited!

Thank you V for your prayers and for checking in on me. I haven't been a good blogger with all I have had going on!

Kellie, I emailed you. Get with me and we will touch base.

Have a great holiday ladies! God bless you!

Unknown said...

email me today after doc's app.

Christy said...

I sure will!

Robin said...

I will be praying for your family. It's almost hard for me to read these kinds of things b/c my mind tends to go in all kinds of wrong directions. ie: fear. I know God will take care of her children.

Enjoy the sound of that heartbeat. It is truly amazing!@

Anonymous said...

Christy... I am so sorry so much is happing to you all at once. Take care of yourself and I WILL definitely pray for those little ones.

Anonymous said...

Hope all is well Christy,keep me posted.