Saturday, July 29, 2006

We serve such a great God!

I just wanted to take some time to write and let everyone know how things are going. This past week I have been another ---- bad blogger. For two weeks we had two people out of the office and that made for some craziness! This past week I had to attend meettings for work in OKC and it was a looong drawn out process! I was mentally exhausted. I am not sure if it happens to anyone else but since being pregnant it takes thought to even think! By the end of the day I can't even think, period. I had someone tell me if I feel stupid and like my brain has literally left me - it is a girl. Who knows! I have found one thing to be true, pregnancy is different in each individual and I have heard alot of silly things.

I feel so blessed. Many of you know I am not on insulin while I complete our pregnancy. I was really dreading it. Not because of the medicine but because it was a huge accomplishment for me to get my sugars under good control. I set pride aside and turned it over the God and he once again has blessed! I do not feel tired, sick, or really any symptoms. I realize that as the baby grows the more I will lack what both I and the baby needs to the dose will increase but I am encouraged. I understand this thing is very common and it is okay. Thanks to those of you who have sent stories about others you have known who are diabetic - it is my cross to take up and I am going to do it with a smile.

Reading Amanda's story on blessings galore it made me think of just how blessed I really am. In February and March we began to pray about me taking this job of mine. It is for a man in our church and they are a good Chrisian family.... I wanted to take it for all the right reasons yet being home and traveling full time with Jeremy far our weighed anything I could measure. I remember the day Jeremy and I decided we wouldn't do anything - not make any move period until we received the answer. You know one of those times that this could have been an answer but then it could have been the devil dangling something in front of you!?! I am sure we have all been there. So we did just that. We prayed day after day and waited. I would ask Jeremy "You heard our answer yet?" and He would ask me "Have you, feel anything in your spirit?" and nothing.... finally about two weeks later he calls me right after a service he had been in doing a revival. He says to me "You have to take it". All day long I knew he was going to call and give me an answer. Thing is, it wasn't the answer I wanted to hear. In all honesty, I didn't want to take the job - period. I didn't want to give up being on the road and being at home. Jeremy went on to explain to me in his prayer time why. He as the head of our home has always been an encouragement to me to seek Gods will for my life, for our life but at the same time feels he is accountable to God for what goes on in our family and the decisions we make. That is one thing I love most about him ! So many times I will let flesh try and tell me this or that and I some times get in the way. Not that we haven't ever taken the wrong path because I believe we have at times but I know in his heart he does all he can to make sure its a God thing. To make this short (Ha Ha) Jeremy felt the Lord say to him 'She needs to take the job' and he told me why....

God is so good at keeping his word. Even at times when we fail him he gently reminds us that he is in control and works all thing for our good. Exactly five weeks after starting my job we were expecting. We had no health nsurance or any benefits before I began working. God completed the work he started and he did exactly what he said he would do. He gave me this job to make a way for us to have this baby and it makes all the more sense to me now. We have been married for eight years in September and he knew all along the place in time and laid it all before us. Thank you Amanda for sharing your story this week because I haven't shared our story much at all and I realized from reading yours how God puts things in our path and sets it all up. Just as he knew you would need maternity clothes, groceries and other things he knew we needed health insurance because he knew the cost would be too great for us. We serve such a great God!

I am now 15 weeks pregnant and we expect to find out what this little one is in about three weeks! My next appintment is Monday and the ultra sound will be scheduled then. We can't wait!

10 comments:

V. said...

Nice to see you post!

Keep us updated after the Dr. appt!

V.

Sarah said...

You know it is so good that you have decided to post about your blessings as well!!!

It always touches my heart to see what God does in the lives of His children.

Like Amy says: "The Lord knows what I need each day".

I'm curious to find out if the little one is a baby girl or a baby boy!

Much love,

Sarah

Christy said...

Me too! I can't wait to know. I asked my husband "Do you want to wait to find out? It would be such a great surprise the day of delivery" and of course, I was kidding. I couldn't stand it but he replies to me "NO way, it will be such a great surprise on the 18th when we find out". I cracked up! :0)

Anonymous said...

Missed meeting with you while you were here. Maybe another time. Keep me posted whether you are having a boy or girl. I'm so excited.

Anonymous said...

I SOOOOOOOO CANT WAIT...TOO!!!

Christy said...

Kristina, I was in and out. I am so exhausted. We were in meetings I am talking 11 hrs. I am sorry I didn't call, I ate and then crashed both nights. I did think of you and was going to call you - we got on the net or tried to at the hotel about 9 one night and it was privacy blocked so I had no way of doing so to see if you had gotten my email. Believe me, I will be back. My hubby will be in revival out there next week. I "MAY" come with him one night but its a 3 hr drive and I have to work so its a huge maybe!

By the way, Kristina, your next! (PG) Hee Hee Its in the circle around here!

Anonymous said...

Well, I lost my mind with my pregnancy...and my baby is almost 8 months and it still hasn't come back!!! Oh, and I have a girl!! I have 2 girls...I don't remember how my mind was with the 1st one, it was 10 years ago!! I can't wait to read what you're having!! Do you have names picked out yet?

Christy said...

We do have names picked out! The girls in for sure and we are in the air back and forth about the boys. I am going to post names once we know what it is. :0) Any cool names or suggestions send them our way !!

Becky said...

Happy Birthday to You,
Happy Birthday to You,
Happy Birthday, Dear Christy,
Happy Birthday to You!!

And many, many more!! :)

Christy said...

Thank you Becky!