Friday, July 07, 2006

WHEW.....

It might be over! I tell you - I have had some crazy few weeks. I haven't been able to do much of anything and that includes resting. Week before last my cousin passed away along with her unborn child. The funeral was last Thursday and then while at the church working on some painting for Vacation Bible School props we got the call that my 99 year old great mema passed away. Because of the holiday we had a time getting the funeral arranged and getting our family here on time. They ended up not getting flights until Tuesday and didn't get to do the funeral until Wednesday. Everyone is home and resting! Please remember my mema when you pray. She was the who did everything for my great mema and so she will miss her greatly. I hope to get a picture of her posted soon - I am so proud of her and the legacy she left behind. She was a Godly woman and she loved the Lord with all her heart!

We had our first sonogram on Monday. We were so excited. This little one gave us a time. HE or SHE was all over the place. We laughed AND cried! Dr. Bell was doing the sonogram and the baby wouldn't stay in one place so he kept trying to get pictures. In one picture the baby does a flip flop and we have it ! We cracked up. He or she was moving his/her arms and legs all around. I really had no idea we would get so much detail at less than 12 weeks. We did and it was just amazing. There is nothing like the first time we saw this baby. I can't even put it into words how I felt. God is so good! Another picture we have is a little round face AND he or she sucking his or her thumb. I think this comes from mommy because I did as a child! :) We are in love with this little one! My due date has been moved up to Jan. 19th!

I go back to the dr on the 17th of this month to check my sugar once again. I have been keeping a log and they look really good but he changed a few things about me monitoring them and wants some different readings. He really staying on top of things. I am pleased with that. We want to do a 3D ultra sound - some say its really neat and others have told me they didn't really like it as well. If you have had one or even both let me know what you think. We are trying to make a decision. We will find out in August what it is! It can't come too soon!

Thank you all for your emails, comments you have left for me and your prayers! I appreciate you. I hope to be back to the blogging world more now as things slow down.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh keep us posted. We had a 3-D ultrasound done and it was good. We were a little disappointed because we hyped it up so much, but it is great.

keri said...

hi christy...thanks for checking out my blog. i'm new to this stuff so its fun to make new friends! congrats on your pregnancy...and you can start reading dr. seuss books to your little one NOW! :) i think they just love hearing mama's voice, you know!?

Shelly said...

Congratulations! I love my babies so much despite my fussing about them. Each on has their own personality!! :o)

Kellie said...

I remember that feeling with my DD. She was all over the place too, and my hubby almost got sick. Silly guy. You are right it is so awesome. I remember quoting scripture and singing all the time.

I also remember the sudden understanding of GOD being with me all the time. Every thing I said could be heard by this little person inside me. And HE is and has always been with me.

I did not get the 3D but I saw pictures of one and it was kewl. It was also in color.

I really wanted to find out the sex of the baby but my hubby didn't and so to honor him id didn't. It was so hard, for the like two weeks after my ultrasound. But guess what it was one of the best decisions ever. I then didn't even want to know for my second.

I had the same reasons every one else has to find out. I am a control freak and I wanted to know how to decorate and what cloths to buy. When all was said and done the suprise was the only thing I had left to look forward too.

We had an unexpected difficult delivery with an emergancy C-section. GOD knew that I needed something great to pull me back up after it all happened.

I am not telling you to do the same just telling you my expierence. I would definatly pray about it. Some tell me it is not a big deal, but I believe that GOD needs to be involved in all of my decisions. Sorry if I am sounding harsh. I am having trouble with my sensitivity meter right now.

Love you and am praying

Unknown said...

I love knowing what I am having. I love praying for that baby by name before he/she gets here. I always think it's amazing too when people don't know. Either way, the baby will be the biggest surprise and blessing in your life. It supersedes pretty much every other best day of your life moment! Oh and I am totally with my eleven on the Dr. Suess books! There is nothing like reading Green Eggs and ham and using all the voice inflections! So fun!

Christy said...

Thanks SO much for all your comments ladies! Kristina, I have heard some say its awesome and others say the plain jane is just as well... we are going to keep talking about it. It should be the 3rd week of Aug when we find out!My eleven, we have been reading... we are in Psalms right now and I am trying to find "Guess how much I love you" but can't remember who wrote it... anyone have any idea? shelly it is so nice to meet you and I look forward to hearing more from you :0) Kellie, thanks for posting! I enjoyed reading and appreciate your kind words... we are praying about everything. We would love to let it be a surprise but this is my first time so everything is a surprise. I could not stand not knowing.. I am so excited to find out. We are really putting alot of thought into our names so that is another reason. I didn't think you were harsh at all and believe me, if God tells us not to find out we won't :0)Amanda, I love what you told me before about all the "firsts" about being a first time mommy and you are so right. Its simply amazing. I am praying for you and your baby!!