Thursday, August 03, 2006

---Now '30 Something'

Well yesterday was another day for most people. For me, a little hard I should say. I know, I know, it shouldn't be that big of a deal but for some reason it was. I am no longer '30' but now '30 something'..... I turned 31 yesterday and it hit me! 30 wasn't a big deal to me but this birthday was. I guess I just feel I am getting OLD as Michelle said! Ha Ha!

I had a wonderful birthday... I celebrated this past weekend with family and friends. Yesterday I had lunch with Heather & Michelle and then lastnight my husband took my out. I always look forward to my birthday and this year was just as special I guess its just the age thing. Jeremy bought me the most beautiful necklace. I wish I had a picture to post. The one thing on our immediate list --- a digital camera and recorder! They are both a must really soon! I went to Dillards and spent all of my gift certificates and every dime my parents gave me! :0) If you haven't smelled Polo Blue check it out. I love it! Anyone who knows me knows I love flowers... I got roses from Jeremy and fresh flowers from Michelle. I honestly felt spoiled. Needless to say - I was blessed! Now to get over the fact I am no longer just 30!

Baby update! We went to the doctor on Monday. We had another ultra sound and NO we don't know what it is. The doctor has kept a close eye on me with me being diabetic but like everyone else I have to wait 18-20 weeks to find out what he or she is. We are dying to know! Heart beat was good, baby still as active as ever and sucking that little thumb. Great news! I have been going every 2 weeks and now I don't go back for 3. Thank you Lord for that! God is really helping me with the sugar control. He is such a great God! My next appointment is the 17th and that is when we will schedule to find out what this baby is. We have our nursery picked out for either a he or she so we will order furniture and bedding soon as we know. I'll keep you posted.

Did I tell you I know 14 people who are expecting! If you aren't one do not drink the water Ha Ha! Have a great weekend.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine went through the same thing! 30 didn't bother him at all, but turning 31 did! I'm going to be 28 next month and that bothers me, becuase I'm now officially "pushing" 30!! I know, I know, you don't want to hear me complaining about turning 28! Well...Happy birthday!!!

Christy said...

Thank you girl! I know we all have a phase we go thru not liking something.... It will pass... Thank God I have lived to be 31 !!

momteacherfriend said...

Happy Birthday Christy!
Good thing I was careful with that Arkansas water while I was doen there...lol Happy for you.

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Christy... I have been 31...since June and let me tell you its okay! My way of thinking is I dont look 31 so.... why think about... I am glad you had such a special day you deserve it...

Anonymous said...

YEAH. Glad things are going well and happy birthday!

keri said...

happy (belated) birthday! sounds like you had a good day. i'll be 33 in october...even just typing that seems so odd! i still feel like i'm 21.

Becky said...

14 people?!? WOW! That's a lot of babies coming into the world! :)

I am happy to hear that you had a good birthday. I know the feeling of being "30 something" and it does pass. I will be 33 this year and it doesn't seem to bother me as bad.

Great news from the doctor! I am so happy for you two! :)