Monday, August 21, 2006

... a LoOOoP

I have to say how sorry I am to have thrown some of your for a 'loop'. My pictures "Thank Heaven for Little Boys" and "Thank Heaven for Little Girls" were just too cute... I had to post them but with the boy being on top it made some of you think we were having a BOY! I have had a few emails, phone calls and even ran into a friend today at lunch who said "you made me think you were having a BOY".... sorry!

I admit I was a disappointed on Friday when we were unable to find out what we were having. For one, we are ready to call this baby by his or her name! We are excited to reveal to family & friends the names and reason behind why we are naming our child the name we have chosen. Secondly, I am dying to get the nursery started and the furniture! BUT I must be patient.... Anyone who really knows me knows that I am not a patient person. The Lord is teaching me to be that is for sure!

I have to be honest though, it has been a blessing having not found out just yet. I never thought in a million years I would say that but it is true (Okay Michelle I know you really wanna know so you do not agree at all with that). The excitement and anticipation is something else! While I can't wait to know its been fUn, FuN, fun the past few days! People have called putting in a guess as to what they think the Lord is sending us and some of our special friends and eldery at church have just made our day! One lady told me that is all she thought about all day! I have come to realize deeply that God didn't just answer this prayer for Jeremy & I but we had people from all over praying for us --- it was a prayer God answered for many! It is so humbling to know that when some say they will pray, they will honestly seek the Lord on our behalf. God is such a great God!

You have all been a blessing to me and I thank you for checking on me. I am doing great and most of all feel so great. I have now lost 28 lbs and healthier every day. Yes, I said LOST 28 lbs. ....((( My doctor has praised me as long as they are good calories I am taking in and not empty ones!))) While moms welcome the opportunity to eat for two I have tried to be as healthy as possibe knowing I needed to AND it would be even harder to get off later. God has blessed every effort and after making these changes and feeling so good I can't say I will turn back even after the baby is born! This is just another answered prayer! My list could go on about answered prayers I am telling you and I know I will have more to report to you!

Veronica, I am praying for you today and the church situation! God will answer! Kristina, I am praying for your brother today. Sarah H, your on my heart girl --- remember your a child of the KING! He loves you!!! Michelle, your a YOUNG mom with OLD kids. You're awesome! Shannon, if you read this before GNO (Girls Night Out) Friday night --- I promise I won't post a picture to throw you for a LOOP next time! I'll call you instead!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

You are too funny! But you're right - too many moms think it's ok to eat more because they're "eating for two," but it can sometimes be unhealthy! I gained 40 pounds with Brayden & threw up EVERYTHING for the 1st 5 months! It was 'horrible.' And I still don't understand how I gained that much! I am SOOO proud of you for taking such good care of yourself these days. You are a blessing & an inspiration for so many. I hope God will continue to bless you, Jeremy, your family & this wonderful little miracle.

Christy said...

You're awesome girl! Thank you! You also never have looked like you have had three kids!

Anonymous said...

:) I can't wait. It will be fun. Thank you for your prayers.

PS- you need to email me a picture!

Anonymous said...

My birthday is the 1st, so I think that'll be a good day for you to find out!!!! I can't wait to read about it!!

Christy said...

Actually the 1st is the 1st possibility... the next is the days following labor day.... I will let you know as soon as I have a date. I will email you a pic Kristina!

Gwen said...

I'm so glad things are going so well for you Christy! I can't wait to hear your news when you finally find out!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Christy...I am glad you are doing so well... and the nursery will be beautiful just like you... dont worry....
How do you know what healthy calories are and bad calories... just wondering... maybe I should try it girlie??

keri said...

hey christy...i'm looking forward to hearing what you are having. aaahh...the anticipation! we didn't find out with our first child and the wait was sooo long. anyway, congrats on the weight loss. sounds kinda weird to say when you are pregnant! but sounds like you are doing a great job trying to stay healthy.

Christy said...

Veronica, bad calories SONIC, ARBY's, Fast Food... I love Sonic to! Good calories.. veggies, fruits, nutrition for the baby... good whole foods... empty calories are like candy, candy bars, things with a ton of fat/calories but no nutrition for the little one!
Keri, I have it to loose and I am eating plenty every day. I am taking in all good foods! :0)

Becky said...

Sounds exciting! I can't wait to hear the news!