Friday, August 18, 2006

The wait....



Well... the wait is going to be something else! Yesterday was my regular appointment with my OB doctor. I was given the great opportunity to be weighed, heard the heartbeat and .... had to cancel our 4D ultra sound for today! Good news! I have lost 28 lbs now. 9 right before I got pregnant and 19 since I my first appointment. Every two to three weeks because of me being a diabetic and at higher risk my doctor checks the heartbeat and if he can't get it really well with the doppler he will have me do a belly ultra sound.

.....Yesterday was one of those days! It was wonderful to get to see the baby and the heart rate is still 150-152 some say they can tell what it is by the heart rate --- its another 'some say' if you ask me! I did have to cancel the 4D to reveal the sex - well, I didn't have to but we chose to. She took a peek yesterday knowing we were bringing others with us the next day and she said everything is still so small AND the precious little thing was on its tummy, one arm under it and the other one --- sucking its thumb. No doubt about it -- a thumb sucker. If we would have went back today she said she would try again and maybe guess. I can't take a 'guess'. I am ordering nursery furniture, baby bedding and having someone come to paint the nursery... guessing isn't cool!



We go back on August 31st and will schedule it again then. It will be either Sept 1st or the days following labor day. I've gotten several emails so I am writing to you this way as we are fixing to walk out the door for the evening! I will respond to you all soon!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! I emailed you thinking it was a boy b/c your first pic. Anyway, when you find out I can redo your blog if you want

Christy said...

Ha Ha... I am cracking up I am a nerd. I should have thought of that!!! I put the little girl one at the bottom - silly me... I find out in a few weeks. :) Thank you, I will have you do that for me girl... your great!

Gwen said...

Hi Christy,

First I want to apologize. You have sent me a couple of very nice emails and I have failed to respond. I just want you to know your words are really calming for me and really appreciated!

What is funny is I was thinking of you today and wondering if you had found out the sex yet (I'm just now catching up on blogs and didn't realize you had an appt. to see.) Your post stumped me as well...I thought you were having a boy until I scrolled down and saw the other pic! LOL!!!!! Of course reading it cleared things up!

I'm glad things are going well and I can't wait to hear the news!

Sarah said...

On friday I kept checking this blog for updates and then I saw the picture and like everyone else I thought you were having a baby boy hahaha

actually i was more like "ha - i knew it" LOL

anyhoo I admire your patience. Truly. I DEFINATELY can't be that way. But it's good you're getting us all reaaaaaally eager to find this out!!!!!

I loev your excitement and Praise the Lord for what he's been doing in your life! It's amazing!! You're definately a woman of patience. I could learn a few things from you that's for sure!!

Much love Christy!!!!
From Brazil,
Sarah

Christy said...

Gwen, I love you to death and before I was even a mother I admired you SO much. Jeremy and I didn't and haven't told many people but we'd love to adopt some day. We have always talked about it regardless if we have 10 of our own. I love reading your stories and I pray for you! I don't ever stop thinking about your brother or Hope and the prayer requests you have made for her! Your an incredible lady and you are welcome for the emails, they were from the heart!!

Sarah, it is amazing to me the people I can meet from all over the world that really minister to me. Your fire can never go out!!! Thank you for checking on me and for all your kind words. I have really enjoyed reading your blog and getting to know you! God is good isn't he!!!

Christy said...

Ladies, SORRY for making you wonder ha ha... I had my first dream lastnight ... first one ever about our baby.. in my dream it was a girl ???? I love this actually... at first I hated the thought of having to wait but I am loving the excitement of finding out!!! I am SO looking forward to knowing!

Michelle said...

Chris,
You are patient...more patient than me. I try not to think about it much b/c you know exaclty how impatient I am! I'm so upset I couldn't go buy pink or blue this weekend tho. haha! You'll find out when (IF) you're supposed to!

:)

Me

Anonymous said...

So what have you ordered?... what color are the walls going to be? dont forget to take a picture.... Thanks for sharing your experience with us... I feel like I am having three babies... because of you and Amanda.... oh yeah mine too....This is so much fun...!

Christy said...

Veronica, I have the furniture and bedding on hold at Blessed Baby here in our town if its a girl.. if its a boy she is odering the furniture in and has the bedding in the store as well.. color depends on what we are having... I will take pics and post them once we have it all finalized.... this is why we HAVE to be sure what it is! Here is the bed if its a girl http://www.munirefurniture.com/newport_03.htm and there is the furniture if its a boy http://www.babyappleseed.com/millbury-crib.html