Sunday, August 13, 2006

MORE

Friday is the big day for us! We are having our ultra sound to find out what this little baby is. Jeremy & I are excited and counting the days. I tell you, this pregnancy has honestly just flown. It hit me the other day that on the 19th I am half way finished. I can't ever go back and experience this perfect time in my life again... this has been the greatest experience in our lives! I would have never really known what love at first sight meant without having been blessed with this little life.

For many of you who know me know Jeremy & I have prayed for a baby for a while. While we didn't make it an 'obsession' to have one it was always on our prayer list. For a long time I longed for the day and my heart ached at the thought of never doing so. There would be times I would think "God are you ever going to bless us with a baby"? Some days I would even get kinda down and I would say "Jeremy, is it never going to be" ? He would always reply with "It will happen, it is in Gods timing, not ours". When I stop and look back over our lives in the past eight years I realize all along he had a perfect plan and now I can see that his timing was PERFECT --for only now. If God has taught me a million things he has taught me one thing a million times ---- TRUST HIM!

With me being diabetic I have prayed for a long time to have a healthy pregnancy. Honestly, with the exception of having to be put on insulin this pregnancy has been healthy. Today I weigh 27 1/2 lbs less than I did before it all began from eating healthy and having the desire to be healthy. I have been blessed to have been able to be put on the insulin, not to be sick doing so and to feel great. So many times I struggle with the mentality that I don't want to be daibetic... and the question.... why me?. God gently reminds me I must trust in HIM and he will see me to the end. I am also reminded that we all have a cross we have to bear. There is something in all of our lives whether it be physical, spiritual or whatever the cause may be.... it is in bearing our cross that we trust in HIM.

My whole pregnancy I have been full of great JOY! A joy I have never known before. My heart has overflown at the thought of the mercy and grace our God has shown to me. Just when I thought I was blessed I had no idea just how blessed God has really made me.... I could go on and on about this but to sum it all up for you one morning while on my way to work I heard a song and it has been in my heart every since. Every word of it! It is one of those songs that you really feel deep down minister to you. It is called MORE by Lauren Talley. If you have a chance please click on the link and it is under the tracking list of songs to listen to. It blesses me each time I hear it again. (It is actually part of the song, I couldn't find the entirety of the song on the net but you may be able to). God has honestly blessed me with so much more, more than I could ever ask him for. More than I had dreamed he had in store for me.... More than my hearts desire.... how could he possibly give more....

No comments: