Friday, May 05, 2006

Night life...


Alot of you have been asking how my trip was to OKC. We had a great time. I was there training for work and Jeremy was able to go with me because he was in town! While I was in training he visited some friends he went to college with. He really enjoyed himself! We are going back in August for him to do a revival for a friend there just outside the city. It will be great to be with friends but also I am going to meet some of you in person for the first time. I am really excited!

While we were in the city we had dinner with friends in bricktown. It is really a neat place and I loved the city after the sun went down. We walked down the canal and took a ride on the gondala.... it is more like a small boat than the ones you see in places like Italy and Greece. It was really pretty and very romantic! Our friends took some pictures of Jeremy & I together so I will post one once they email them to me! I have one so far..... I'll post this one....

I don't know, call me crazy -- I have seen the beach so many times and I am ready for beautiful sites of the city life! I really can not wait to see NYC! I am dying to see the Statue of Liberty and I want to visit Chicago. God has blessed us with being able to travel all over and make new friends, see the beautiful places he created as well as many people who come to know HIM! That is really what it is all about! If I never got to take another trip or become friends with a complete stranger - I am blessed!

Tonight we went to dinner with my family (and some friends)! This has become a tradition every week.... I adore my family. They become more precious to me the older I get and I have learned alot of times family is all you have in this world outside of your relationship with the Lord. We had a scare this week with my little brother (I am not going to go into detail) but we all pulled together and prayed! The Lord answered and I praise Him for that! He graduates from college next weekend and I am super proud of him. He has worked hard and now he can teach and coach (football) just as he has always wanted to do! We hit Wal-Mart after dinner and then on to a late movie... I had a great time just relaxing! I am going to take Amanda's advice from last week and have a relaxing weekend. Something I do not do often. I am really bad about extending myself in a million different directions and I have learned there are times I have to say no!

I forgot to tell you guys that lastnight we went on visitation and we were able to bless them with christian coloring books and colors for the kids as well as a flyer about our church, track and a bible. It was precious to see Noah (a 6 year old from church) so excited about inviting others to be in service with us. I have already told them, the people we invited may never show up but God will bless our efforts. He will send them! I am so excited about what God is doing - not only in my life but in the lives of reach of you. I am thankful he saw fit for us to cross paths. AND just think, one day we will be able to walk the streets of gold together and there will be no need for blogging - we will have all eternity to fellowship.

Good night my friends and God bless you this weekend. Thank you Father for all of your blessings this week and for the prayers that have been answered in all of our lives. It is just another testimony that you are on the throne and still doing miracles. Give me rest this weekend and thank you for quality time with my husband , family and friends. I am so unworthy of all your goodness and your mercy. Please forgive me where I have failed you and mold me to be who you'd have me be. May they see Jesus in me. Amen...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture Christy...its so pretty. Thanks for posting it!
I bet your brother is so happy to be out of school? CONGRATS!!!

Christy said...

Yes he sure is.. thanks :0)

Anonymous said...

i love oklahoma city! i love bricktown. i really love where I am from. it is very fun.