Wednesday, May 03, 2006



Once again reading Veronica's blog this really stood out to me. I have been doing alot of praying about my firendships and those who I am friends with. You know the bible speaks to us of those we should and shouldn't call our friends. As I get older I learn that quality is always better than quantity.... even in my friendships! Our friends influence our lives whether its in a good way or bad way! I wanted to share with you this...

Seven Signs of an UNDESIRABLE Friend

1. An undesirable friend is immoral and has no regard for others. "I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner-not even to eat with such a person" (1 Corinthians 5:11)

2. An undesirable friend is changeable andunstable. "Do not associate with those given to change; for their calamity will rise suddenly, and who knows the ruin those two can bring?" (Proverbs 24:21-22)

3. An undesirable friend is frequently angry. " Make no friendship with an angry man, and with a furious man do no go, lest you learn his ways and set a snare for your soul" (Proverbs 22:24-25)

4. An undesirable friend gives ungodly counsel. "Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful" (Psalm 1:1)

5. An undesirable friend is a lawless unbeliever. "Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteous has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?" (2 Corinthians 6:14-15)

6. An undesirable friend is a fool. " He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companion of fools will be destroyed" (Proverbs 13:20)

7. An undesirable friend is irreverent toward God adn His laws. "I am a companion of all who fear you, and of those who keep Your precepts"(Psalm 119:63)

Do you have a friend with such characteristics?
Do you ask for new friends or do you pray that the old ones are transformed?

God has been dealing with me alot lately about my friendships. While we need friends that we enjoy hanging out with and having a good time -we also need ones that we can pray with, study Gods word with, and those that lift us up. I have been praying for God to use me to be a good friend but also to surround me with those who encourage me to chase after Him, those who pray with me and pray for me.... in every thing we do we have to glorify HIM! Even in our friendships! I encourage you to strive with me to be the kind of friend God would have us be!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Post Christy. Thanks for the reminder.

Unknown said...

I am so blessed to have you as my friend. So blessed!

Christy said...

Thanks Ladies.. you guys have really become special to me... I love my blogging buddies! Heaven is going to be wonderful and even sweeter knowing you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hey... Christy I am so glad you have been enjoying my posts.

Anonymous said...

Hey Christy... I am sorry I have not been reading your posts lately but as you know I was a little too busy in my world of bitterness. I am slowly recovering from that. Today was different definitely but I stuggled with it a little today instead of allowing it to control me. I know I will completely be rescued soon. take care and hey did you ever get those pictures from our trip up?

Christy said...

Veronica, what pics from our trip? You mean my try girl?

Anonymous said...

Yes, Christy...your trip with your husband...did you take any pictures?

Christy said...

A friend of ours did and I will get the ones from Easter done and post soon! :0) Thanks for asking!