Tuesday, May 16, 2006

-so blessed


I don't have anything really exciting to post.... nothing extra special to tell .... I just feel so blessed! Can I just share my heart with you.... I hope that will be okay.. this may turn out to be a different kind of post... who knows. I have been in the best mood the past few days. Not that I have too many bad days but from time to time I just don't feel like smiling! I think we all have days like that. I, on the other hand am a pretty happy person all the way around! Tonight as I came up for a few minutes to read a few of my favorite blogs I thought to myself "I haven't posted since my Happy Mothers Day post to everyone" so I wanted to post something before logging off. I didn't really have anything in particular in my mind until I thought "I am so blessed".

So many times we go through life with confusion, heartache, business all around us. We tend to focus on all the not so good things going on and we tend to loose sight of what is really important. I've said it a thousand times and I will say it again..... When I start to think of all the blessings in my life.......... THAT is when I become the blessed. It amazes me at the goodness of God. Every day we have, every breath we take, it is all a gift! I was telling my best friend Heather today at lunch.. I am tired of all the frowns on people's face, all the drama some people tend to have constantly going on... I wish people would just look around and see life is full of happiness, full of laughter, full of beauty! Just being a child of the King is enough for me! Do not get me wrong, I have bad days from time to time but if I have to pick laughing over crying I will laugh every time. I believe some times it all comes down to attitude.

I hope that I as a Christian can be a light to those who need a closer walk with God. I hope that we live a life before others that makes them want just a portion of what is on the inside of us. I feel so blessed today! So many times we live defeated lives and God meant for us to live victorious. Sure, we talk about heaven and how sweet it will be. I know I can't imagine what it will be like but God didn't save us to live unhappy down here. He didn't save us to loose every battle we fight. He promised us strength when we are weary, encouragement when we are sad, food when we are hungry -- we just have to get to Him!

I am blessed today! So blessed! I know that you are too. If only I can remember each morning that it doesn't matter what happens during the day, what I have face or what challenges arise... I know He is with me!

Thank you heavenly father for all of the blessings in my life. Thank you for the fellowship that I have with you and for constantly showing me that you will continue to mold me and make me what you'd have me to be. May my life always be a light for others to see you in me! Thank you for me husband, my soul mate, thank you that you prepared him just for me. For my family, my church family, my friends.... countless blessings ... for salvation! I love you!

7 comments:

momteacherfriend said...

That posts makes me burst forth in song...
So blessed I can't contain it, so much I've got to give it away. Your love taught me to live now, you are more than enough for me.

http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/a/australiahillsongs8787/oneday816041.html

Anonymous said...

Just what I need to hear quite often in the week...

V. said...

so I guess this is the result of all those "God Bless You's" spoken over you isn't it?

That's a phrase that I want to try and use more often. God's Blessings come in many forms!

thanks for the great reminder

V.

Christy said...

Yes they do and we just need to be reminded of them from time to time. I am glad to see you are still reading Vivian... I miss not seeing your comments!

Anonymous said...

"...count your blessings name them one by one..." (song)

Becky said...

Great post, Christy! I, too, feel blessed every day! :)

.name. said...

chanced upon your blog..thanks for the reminder.. God really has His plans for everything we do..and thanks once again..may God bless you! =D