Thursday, September 14, 2006

BeLIEVe it OR NoT

I am sorry I am just now posting. It has been a very long day and a longer night. I am so sad! BELIEVE it or not we didn't get to find out what our baby is.

My appointment was at 4:00. We all sat for an hour before they told us my doctor was called to "Catch" a baby - it shouldn't have taken but a few minutes. Next thing I know they call me back to tell me he said to wait on him, he'd come to my ultrasound when he was finished so they took me on back. We wait and wait - at 6:00 we find out he was down there fixing to come back up and another one was ready to push. Needless to say he delivered a boy AND a girl - sure wish I knew which ours was! Hee Hee! At 6:10 he comes in and does the ultrasound to find our little one on its tummy (again) and so he finally gets the baby to move and his pager goes off.... he pauses a few and makes a call to find he is going to have to go back up to help another doctor. He continues to find the baby is moving around like crazy when he gets his page - hurry! Needless to say we are now 6:30 and still are not sure what our baby is. I was disappointed and so is Jeremy!

I am telling you guys one thing - the Lord, he is teaching me patience because being calm, no worries and stress free with patience is something I am not. I have learned so many things being pregnant. I am so much calmer knowing God is in full control. I worry and stress from time to time but realize the truth of trusting HIM! I have to call in the morning to schedule our next appointment and ultrasound. Until then we will just keep wondering if we are having a son or daughter.

Thank you to all my friends and family who came both to the ultrasound and to dinner with us. Thank you to my blogging friends for the emails and posts.... you are all the greatest! This baby is so loved by many! We are blessed! So blessed! Jeremy is leaving for a mission trip so it will be atleast a week before we can reschedule. Please pray for him & my dad as they travel this week!

There is a reason, a purpose under heaven for everything ......

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! Well Christy. I just have to say that I can't believe that. I think the Lord is teaching you not only patience but that he is in control. Because you are like me and I was DYING to find out.

Just figure this, even if you don't find out you could either do the decorating AFTER the baby or do neurtral. As long as baby is healthy.

Hopefully in the next few months I'll have an announcement! :) I think we're going to start trying within the next couple of months....yeah!

momteacherfriend said...

Oh Christy, that stinks. Next time I guess we pray the baby cooperate and the doctor has patience and time to see it through.

Anonymous said...

Maybe God wants you to be surprised?? I agree with Kristina, maybe you could decorate in nuetral colors. Also, heres something to think about... the baby usually will sleep in a bassinet so, maybe you can decorate after the baby is born. I know these suggestions dont compare to you just wanting to find out what the sex of your little one and who knows God never responds early or when we want... BUT HE IS NEVER LATE.... take care sweetie...

Christy said...

Our next appointment to do it again is the 26th --- I am fine with the dr having to be called away b/c if it were me in an emergency I'd want him to come.. I am just dying to find out. I can't do the neutral thing. I am already so sick of green and yellow! Jeremy and I are going the 26th and who knows maybe its meant this way. It will be out 8th year anniversary. God always has a plan! We also ended up having 6 people to go and then 18 more waiting for us and those 6 at dinner. I think we are just going to do it together on the 26th!

keri said...

oh christy...i'm so sorry for all this waiting!! sometimes i feel like that is all we do in this life...wait. we can't wait to graduate from high school, we can't wait to graduate from college, we can't wait to get married, we can't wait to have babies, we can't wait for our babies to get out of the house (ha!), etc etc. anyway, i'm just wondering why does your dr. have to do the ultrasound? can a ultrasound tech not do it for you? maybe you have explained this in a previous post and i missed it. just curious. hang in there in the waiting game!

Christy said...

Keri, I wanted him to do it for us... he is a special guy... the ultra sound tech will do our 4d for us when I am 26-30 weeks... they have done several ultrasounds on me b/c of me being diabetic. We wanted our dr to tell us! :0)

Anonymous said...

well, I've told you a million times I think, that we didn't find out until the 35th week. I blame it all on my hubby. He wanted a boy more than anything..so he wanted to know what it was, so if it was a girl, he could "prepare himself" well, everytime the chord was in the way, or her legs were crossed. I kept telling him it was his fault, and it he wouldn't care what it was, we'd have found out by now. Well, we had been told by one nurse that she thought it was a girl but since the chord was there, she wasn't for sure. He was not happy. So, later on, he just got over it, decided he didn't care if it was a boy or not, and then we found out it was a girl!!! And you know what? You would never be able to tell he wanted a girl the way he's soo in love with this baby!