Friday, April 14, 2006

~Easter blessings to you all


There were several things I wanted to share with you about my week but I was unable to do so becuase of time this week. I hope to be able to do soe next week. I had an awesome experience I can't wait to share with all of you -- I will post next week all about the blessings of my week!

I just wanted to wish you all a very blessed Easter weekend. I am so proud to be going with my husband to SC for the weekend. He will begin a campmeeting on Sunday morning and it will end on Wednesday night. I hear SC is beautiful and I can't wait to see it for myself! I hope to have access to a computer while I am gone - if not I will catch up on Thursday when I return. Easter is the celebration of the resurrection of Christ. The bible teaches that because he arose from the grave he became the first fruits offering of the resurrection. This means that because he conquered death, hell and the grave, we too have victory! I hope that as we all dress up, color eggs, attend the church services we will remember that this day is really about what Jesus did for us. My prayer is that those who will be attending services for maybe the first time this year or since Christmas many hearts will be pricked and hearts changed forever through salvation! God bless you all my friend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christy... this will be my first Easter Service.... ever or at least as an adult. I always want to go but because my mom has easter usually after 1p and my husband's family usually has it at 11a I cant seem to ever make it.
What a surprise it was that my sister-n-law was kind enough to call me to find out when we get out of church Sunday (little did I know that my husband told them We Are Going). So this year... their Easter was planned for 1pm. Also my mother will not be having Easter. God is so good that He seems to be making sure things are in order so I can finally make sure. Isn't he awesome? I am usually a jeans an nice shirt kinda person and every once and a while I dress up (I keep growing out of my clothes so I am limited). So ..I guess I will be pulling out my nicest slacks to go. Right?

Paula said...

Have a wonderful time in SC!!

Our service was good today--a reminder of how Christ's sacrifice was for the purpose of relationship. He truly wanted to reconcile us to Himself and to His Father. They wanted to be close to us. Isn't that amazing??!

Christy said...

Thanks ladies for visitin. Paula, so nice to meet you. I thank you for commenting.