Monday, April 17, 2006

Hey Everyone...

Greetings to you all from beautiful South Carolina... we had a wonderful trip down and both we enjoyed our flights. Jeremy and I both love to fly. My grandfather was a pilot and the airport manager here for several years. If he were here now we'd have an awesome time. Mom tells me the stories of how they'd fly every Sunday afternoon.... oh how I miss him! The stories never get old!

I have just sat down to post this to you and lost my previous post. I guess I need to hurry this time! :0)

We had wonderful services yesterday. God is so good to us all! Jeremy followed the leadership of the Lord and preached a message yesterday on Hell. I know, I know, some of you are in shock! A message on Hell on Easter Sunday morning. Remember, some people only attend church two times a year -- Easter and Christmas. Jeremy told me what he was preaching and I was a little concerned I will admit but when he began to share with me what the Lord had to say I began to rejoice. His main point was that Jesus carried our sins to the cross, bled and died so that we might be saved... he arose on the 3rd day so we could miss hell and make heaven our home! I can't begin to tell you how we rejoiced - several came to rededicate while others came for the first time. There was one young lady they had been working with for two months and she finally nailed it down~ I tell you, there is nothing more precious than seeing someone kneel down at an old fashioned altar and accepted Jesus Christ. All of heaven rejoices!

Tomorrow we will be driving about 2.5 hrs to visit Myrtle Beach and I am so excited. Jeremy and I have been to the beach several times but never to this part of the country. I won't be soaking up any sun in my bathing suit, but I will enjoy the beauty of Gods creation and the gentle breeze! We hear it is fabulous so I hope to have some pictures to share with you when we return on Thursday.

Please pray for my friend Heather. She goes in tomorrow night to be induced to have the baby. I was a little disappointed when she called this morning... I was really looking forward to being there but when she called she said if she waits it would be another week. Pray for her! I know things will go just fine! She and Tim are great friends and Jo-Elle is going to be such a great big sis!

I trust you all had a great Easter and a wonderful time with your family. I missed being away from mine but I know we are doing the Lords will! I thank you all for your emails and posts! I enjoy my blog and my blogging buddies SO much! I love you all!

Take care and I will try and post again tomorrow evening~

7 comments:

Gwen said...

Hi Christy,

Good to hear from you! I'm glad you had a good Easter!

Anonymous said...

great to hear you had a great easter...have a safe trip

Christy said...

Thanks Ladies.. hope to hear from you again soon!

Unknown said...

I would love a copy of that message!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! you are so lucky! Have fun and take lots of pics.

Christy said...

Amanda, I will get you a copy. Infact, they may have recorded it... if so I will get it, if not I will get you a copy of notes and such. I know lastnight he preached on the forgotten fire - he talked about ashes being a symbol of what was when there was a fire and how as Christians we get saved but with the cares of the world and so forth our fires go out... they go out in our churches and so forth.. it was awesome! The battery went dead in his mic so he didn't get to record it... I will get Sundays for you and mail once I get home one way or the other. Have a great week. Veronica, I am SO blessed -- we all are girl... God has you right where he needs you, where he knows he can use you -- just like me, Amanda, Kristina, Gwen and the other amazing women! :0) We all have a calling and a job to do!

Anonymous said...

Christy,
I tagged you. Visit my post/site for more details.
Kristina

http://newmommy4god.blogspot.com/2006/04/6-weird-things-about-metagged.html