Sunday, April 30, 2006

A Desireable Friend...

I read this from my friend Veronica's blog and I absolutely loved it. God has been dealing with me for a very long time on the love of being a friend... a friend He would have me be. I am so thankful he has put Godly women in my life and influenced me with some of the most fabulous women ever! I love you all and you each have your own special place in my heart... you all bring something different into my world of friendship! Thank you

Seven Good Signs of a Desirable Friend

1. A desirable friend tells you the truth in love. "Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but the kisses of an ememy are deceitful" (Proverbs 27:6)

2. A desirable frind gives you sound advice. "Ointment and perfume delight the heart, and the sweetness of man's friend gives delight by hearty counsel" (Proverbs 27:9)

3. A desirable friend refines you. "As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend" (Proverbs 27:17)

4. A desirable friend helps you grow in wisdom. "He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companion of fools will be destroyed" (Proverbs 13:20)

5. A desirable friend stays close to you. "A man who has friends must himself be friendly, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother" (Proverbs 18:24)

6. A desirable friend loves you and stands by you. " A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity" (Proverbs 17:17)

7. A desirable friend is a help in time of trouble. "Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up" (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10)

Do you have any friends that have any or all these qualities?

Thank you Jesus for my friends! I'm blessed!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a precious friend, my angel friend from far away!

Christy said...

I feel the same girl... been praying for you. :0) I have to call you this week (Thurs or Fri) and share with you whats going on with church and my friend Machele! You gotta meet her too... you will love her!