Monday, April 24, 2006

My friend, You are never alone!


Well, I read John 1 lastnight and tonight I am reading chapter 2. I think this bible study is going to challenge me! I do not have any problem praying and talking with the Lord, but I always need to be in His word more and studying more that I do!

I have something I have been wanting to share and it has been heavily on my heart. I heard a message that my dad preached this weekend and WOW... all I can say is WOW. It was very encouraging to me. I knew I couldn't keep it to myself and I've thought a lot about how to share it with each of you.

I have gotten several emails from friends and I have even gotten phone calls lately about how a battle is raging and it seems your all alone. Some of you feel like you do not even have friends you can trust and call upon in times of trouble! I have been there my friend. Whether it be within yourself and your own heart - a spiritual battle, a battle within your church - division and strife, with a family member - maybe a husband or wife , a child or loved one who is depressed, a friend who has let you down, a situation at work that has left you miserable --- regardless we all face battles... what we have to remember is we are never alone! We aren't the only one who faces what we go through and when we feel we have no one to turn to to encourage us, inspire us and befriend us - we really do have someone! That someone is Jesus!

You see, In Exodus 17 Moses thought he was alone! He thought the people would stone him, but he cried unto the Lord and the Lord heard and answered! All the men had forsaken Paul as he stood for the gospel - they had talked about him through out the city and ruined his reputation, but the Lord was behind the scene encouraging his soul! I John 4:4 says "... greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." When Abraham stood to offer Isaac as a sacrifice he didn't stand alone - Peter was chained in the prison and he wasn't alone. Down the road was a prayer meeting going on! Joshua was sold into slavery and God knew exactly where he was! In Exodus 3:12 God said "... certainly I will be with thee...." Job had not one but three friends forsake him and yet he wasn't alone. Romans 8:31 says " What shall we then say to these things ? If God be for us, who can be against us."

My friends you can finish the race.... we are never alone! We don't have to face our battles alone! We all have a desire to have someone to count on, to encourage us, to help us climb the mountain or walk through the valley, but He did give us someone! There are times we feel persecuted, forsaken and defeated but the Lord stands for us! 2 Timothy 1:12 says " For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which is I have committed unto him against that day."

I just want to encourage you! You do have someone you can count on, someone you can trust completely. We can run the race and fight the battle... God is always with us, leading us on! The victory can be ours! Romans 8:37 says "Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us." If you need a friend, someone to pray for you please let me know. I am always here for you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OKay, this is the BEST post you have ever done. I love it. I like this because it is revealing all that God is showing you. We are all busy women and this is the kind of stuff we need to stop and read! love you!

Christy said...

I really put my heart into it but I still am having a hard time with getting it on paper girl. I haven't shared my Easter experience because I can't get the words yet its a fire inside me. Ever have times like this? The devil is just fighting me... I really enjoyed our talk. I am going to call you some time this week :0)

Anonymous said...

I agree. You are not alone, ever.