Thursday, April 06, 2006

Three things Thursday...

Hey everyone.. I got this idea from Gwen... I thought it was really neat... I've been so busy with everything lately I feel like I am not able to write in my blog the way that I would really like to... its just an adjusting period for me and I hope that it will pass!

The Three Things Thursday this week I'd like to share..... The Three R's.....

The first one is Restoration..... Machele is my favorite buddy at work! I have known Machele for a very long time. Infact, we went to church together for many years... while both of us drifted and weren't where we needed to be with the Lord we were never really 'friends'... of course, we went to church together, school together and there was even a period I liked her little brother, but we weren't ever close. As she puts it, I was the so called christian snob who wanted nothing to do with her rebellion... however, I was not even where I needed to be... I just thought I had it all figured out! If the truth be known I was much worse off because I knew I was playing games and played them well -- she was simply living her life and was never pretending! To be honest, in the past year we have just sat down and began to build a friendship and let me tell you, God has one again blessed me with a precious friend! You see, God changed me heart and I am growing closer to him daily... I have learned to be real and love how I truely need to love.... this past year, she has gotten her life nailed down and is serving God with her whole heart and soul .. the best part.......... we are in church together at my dads and we are friends! It is simply a bonus I get to work with her --- now is Jesus is the center of our friendship. I don't have to live with the guilt of not befriending her anymore... Thank you Lord for restoring and for her friendship.... Help me to encourage her in her walk with the you as she has already been so encouraging to me this past week with the things I have faced. Help me to pray for her and for what your will is for her life! Bless her according to your will with the desires of her heart... Bless her Lord as she tries to serve you! Thank you Lord for restoration and allowing us now to be friends. In Jesus Name, Amen! God is a God of Restoration...

By the way, Machele is a different Michelle than my friend "Life with a Teenage daughter".... didn't want to confuse anyone!

The second one is Rotation... please don't anyone laugh at this one...:0) It is all they have been talking about all day long. Infact, at a few minutes after 11:00 today Machele started to listen to the radio and the warnings on the net. Just shortly after noticing what was going on we ran for Alma... we were headed to the Pool'e cellar! Not long after we were there it was fine -- we went back to work and finished our day... however, my dear husband is stuck in Dallas airport and has been all afternoon. The good thing ... God can turn anything around! It appears he will be heading home on his flight in just a few minutes... he will be here in an hour and I am patienly waiting being able to go and pick him up (yeah right) .. I can't wait! I just want to Thank the Lord for always being in control. No matter if its a mess we have got ourselves in, we may be having a bad day, our bills could be later, the dr says its cancer, the weather is ugly and the cells are rotating... God can turn it all around.... no matter what storm may be passing thru our lives --- Gods in control!

The third one is Relaxation.... whew....... I can't wait for this weekend. My husband and I are going to just enjoy each other. As you already know he has been in GA since saturday and I have to admit, I was a little uptight. This was my first week ----- alone! I have to say this... I don't know if I did too well. I was ok til bedtime so I didn't stay alone! It is going to take some getting used to from time to time when he has to be gone without me. I was surprised and releaved to find this week though that one of my friends Brandi, she hates being alone too. Don't get me wrong, I do not mind being alone and doing my own thing ... but at night when the sun goes down and its time for bed I can't really fully 'relax' without him there. Is that crazy ? Is anyone else that way ? Lets just put it this way, I hope God calls me home before he calls Jeremy OR we go in the rapture because I have had a time adjusting! It will not be impossible but gotta get used to it ! :0) I am ready to kick back and enjoy the weekend!

3 comments:

Sonya Terrell said...

Sweet post, Christy! I'm glad you will be able to relax this weekend with your hubby!

Christy said...

Thanks.. guess what girls? He finally got home... today at 2 pm... he was bumped and spent 11 hrs waiting for a flight in Dallas!

Anonymous said...

great post christy...