Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Tuesdays Treasure...

I know today is "Tuesdays Treasure" but I am not going to write about it tonight. I just found out my great grandmother is in the hospital and she has CHF. She was 99 years old on Saturday. Also, I know now why God gave me the blog post he did lastnight and why I was able to write about it! I've had one of those days... I don't want to give the devil victory but the Lord for preparing the encouragement before the battle...

Today I have found myself in a battle. A battle mostly between what my flesh wants to do (which is speak out)and what I know my spirit is saying (just pray and give it to God). I was told something today that upset me very much - infact is hurts. You know, that ugly word called 'talk' that woman can easily get caught up in. I am not going to go into it for there is no reason. I have prayed and ask the Lord to show me what to do and you know, sometimes we are to do nothing. I am just going to praise Him that even when a battle is raging He is my protector, He is my true friend, He can defend me. If you know anything about me, silence is sometimes hard but I am going to have the victory!

Thank you Lord that you love me and you have made me who I am and I do not want to be anyone else. You have always shown me to be proud of who I am in you. Help me to let this anger go and move past how I feel. I know you gave me the word you did lastnight to share because you knew what I'd be told today... you knew before just like you knew what they had said about Paul. Thank you once again for my husband who is always an encouragement to me and warms my heart! For my friend Amanda who goes to prayer and stands on my behalf. Lord I stand in the gap for her tonight and pray against any medical condition she may have. Heal her body and bless her family with a new baby. Lord, you have a plan for her life and she is willing to do what you have called her to do. Thank you for her obedience and willingness to serve others. I praise you that there are still people who are real and who will not waver in this world in which we live in today. Thank you for your blessings and thank you for the trial for it is in them that I grow closer to you... I love you! Amen!

6 comments:

momteacherfriend said...

I have been reading your comments on newmommies blog for awhile now. I have never made it over to your site until earlier today. Awesome what God is doing and has done in your life. I am excited about this John study, I can sense some new friendships beginning. I have never been to Arkansas but I am coming the beginning of June. Have a blessed day and be encouraged. You are doing the right thing by taking it to the prayer closet and giving it all to God.

Christy said...

Thank you SO much! What is your first name? It is so nice to meet you... I have read several comments you have left on blogs and even read your blog a time or two. I think you have great wisdom and a love for the Lord! It is great to meet new Godly woman. I am praying for you and I look forward to getting to know you better! May God bless you through this study...

Anonymous said...

i will be praying for you christy.

Christy said...

Thank you so much Kristina.

Anonymous said...

Hey- Christy! Wow!!! your grams is 99 yrs old. I am so sorry to hear she is ill. I will be praying for her along with my grandma.

Michelle said...

Hey...I'm sorry about your grandma. Let me know how she's doing!! You know how easily I forget, so keep me posted!
Hope everything is ok!!!!