Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Showers of blessings...

Today in SC God has blessed us with showers of blessings.... We weren't able to go to the beach yesterday so we had planned to go today. I guess the Lord didn't want us to visit because it is raining here. I was disappointed but I found out that we are returning here next year for a week long trip! I am already looking forward to it! It is very beautiful here!

Jeremy preached another great message lastnight... "Anointing Jesus". Many times we hear of the anointing that Jesus gives to us. We ask so many things of Him and even expect! This message was very different... something I haven't heard before! We must anoint Jesus.... we must praise, worship, read and study Gods word... serve where we need to serve, do what He has called us to do... live as he has called us to live.... Anoint HIM! It is time that we stop asking what He can do for us but what we can do for Him. Others know when we have been with the Father. It not only shows in our talk, our walk , our testimony, but we smell like Jesus when we have met with the Father.

Another point the stood out to me and I will never forget is this - no one but you knows the price of the oil.... No one but you knows where you have been, what you have felt, your hurt and pain, your sorrows, what you went through to get to your Heavenly Father! And none of that matters to you once you reach His feet.

I tell ya, we met with the Savior of the world lastnight! He showed up in the house! Thank you Jesus! My prayer is that I will wake up daily to anoint HIM! I want people to know I have met with Him, I walk with Him, I talk with Him, I want to smell like Him!

I hope at the end of this week or the first part of next week to share with you my experience over Easter.... The Lord began to do a work in my life the week before Easter and it has forever changed me! I am praying now for liberty and the words I need to share it with you... please pray for me. I hope this testimony will minister to someone in need.

Thank you friends for praying for me, Amanda, you bless my heart! Veronica, thank you for covering me in prayer. I am so humbled. May I be the friend to the both you that God would have me to be. Thank you Jesus for friends!

5 comments:

V. said...

That's great Christy.

May He continue to lessen the gap of who we think He is, and who He really is!!!!

Can't wait to hear your story.

V.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Christy but I pray for all my important peeps....lol. I love your post it has brought tears to my eyes. I just can see how much you Love God too and I you know you are so right... I RARELY ask God what I can do for him.... Thanks so much for bringing that to my attention. I love to hear how God is working in peoples lives.. I always get a burst of happy tears.

Unknown said...

Wow, that is a powerful message about the oil. God has given Jeremy amazing revelation. So many pastors out there today do not have revelation because they don't study God's word enough. My pastor is constantly studying. I know that when he preaches, He has spent hours praying, reading and researching. Too many preachers out there today are trying to fluff God's word and they cheat us because they are too busy not spending time with God. I can tell Jeremy spends time with the Lord and in His word.

Anonymous said...

hope to hear from you soon.

Christy said...

Thanks ladies.. you all are such wonderful friends...